– AYDAN HASSAN –
ABOUT AYDAN HASSAN
My name is Aydan and I’m 12 years old. I live in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Racing is my life, and I can’t imagine doing anything else. My ultimate dream is to peruse a pathway into the Motorsport industry. Even though I am only 12 I know where I want to be in years to come, this will only come with my passion, determination and persistence that I have for racing will help me achieve my goals. My short term plans are to continue to improve at karting and to move onto single seater racing.
My long term plans are to continue to race at top level both nationally and internationally, working hard at school to achieve my grades to go to Motorsport college. My many successes within in my career are only the beginning of what I wish to accomplish, I know with hard work I have what it takes to fulfil my aims and I am excited for the journey aheadI feel being different is a good thing. Because of this I live by the motto “Dream, Believe Achieve”, you have a dream, you believe in yourself you will achieve.
I also have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which affects my whole body, muscles and I dislocate easily, karting has allowed me to enjoy what I love and also be competitive whilst being able to manage my condition. Because of my condition I have become a ambassador for CRPS and raise awareness and fund-raise for all invisible illnesses. I hope that by others seeing myself live my dreams they can too and not let anything stop them.
In 2016 I came 5th in Rissington Championship and 10th in Shenington Championship, 4th in the Shenington Winter Series, 2017 saw me come 6th in the Rissington Championship and 5th in the Shenington Championship.
2017 also saw me compete in the BiralArt Uk Championship this was my first season (rookie) I was pleased to achieve top rookie wins, overall 2nd rookie in the championship and 11th overall. I was also nominated and won Inspiring Sportsman for Milton Keynes. 2017 also saw me turn my way to fundraising for complex regional pain syndromes and raising awareness, indoor skydive for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and working with Britcar, BTCC and Ginetta to help raise awareness of invisible illness of which one I have, this is still continuing and I am now proud to be an ambassador for CRPS Racing 4 A Cure. I was also nominated as SKRC most improved cadet, and won SKRC Perseverance Award for 2017. Shortlisted for the Downforce Radio Keir Millar award for U13 drivers and MK Inspiring sportsman for the second year running.
2018 season has seen me compete in club rounds, LGM Series, BiralArt Series and the BKC Championship. Taking wins in BKC rounds, being crowned the ‘0’ plate champion for 2018.
· Competed at LGM Series
· Competed in BiralArt Series
· Competed at MSA level races
· Won BiralArt Heats· Qualified on pole
· BiralArt Shenington Lap Record
· BKC 0 Plate Winner
· Podium wins at BiralArt
· Podium wins at MSA
· BKC Qualified on pole for 4 of the 6 rounds
· BKC Fastest Laps in the final in 3 of the 6 finals.
· BKC Taken 13 of the 18 wins available
· BKC Overall 4th in the championship
· BKC GP Championship 5th Overall
· BiralArt Overall 5th in the championship
· Fulbeck Championship 4th Place
· Shortlisted for Keir Millar Award
2019 has been a super year, I have started to race in the MINI ROK series and had a fantastic time, Double Gold cup winner in both iame and mini rok, Being crowned the Mini Rok 0 Plate Champion, DRS 62 Champion, being selected to represent Team UK in Lonarto at the Mini Rok Finals was immense. Some of my achievements.
- Fulbeck sprint series 3rd (Iame)
- Mini Rok Fulbeck Sprint June Won all
- Super One – Mini rok 2019 0 plate champion – Heat 1 win, Heat 2 2nd, Final Win
- Super 1 round 2, 3rd
- Super 1 Round 1, 3rd
- Super 1 – fastest round 1
- Super 1 – Round 3 – Mini Rok –qualified pole finished 6th
- Super 1 – Round 4 – Mini Rok – 6th
- Super 1 – Round 5 – Mini Rok 2nd
- Super 1 – Round 6 – Mini Rok 2nd
- Super One – Mini Rok Round 5 – 2nd
- Super One – Mini Rok Round 6 – 3rd
- LGM – Minix30 – 9th overall
- Kartmasters Iame – 21/34 best in country
- IKR Sprint Series, 2/1/2 Mini X
- Rok Superfinal Lonarto 2019 – Overall world ranking 70
- Daniel Riccardo 62 Champion 2019
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 1 – Qualified 1 ,Heat, Prefinal and Final Winner
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 2 – Qualified 1, Heat 1 won, Final winner and new lap record for GYG.
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 4 – Qualified 1, Heat 1 Won, Feat 2 2nd, Final Winner
- Daniel Riccardo Series – Round 5 – Qualified p$, Heat 1 win, Pre final win, final win
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 6 – Qualified 4, Heat 1 win, PreFInal Win Final Win
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 7 – Qualified 2, Heat 1 2nd, PreFInal Win Final Win
- Daniel Riccardo Series Round 8 – Qualified 1, Heat 1 2nd, Prefinal Win, Final Win
- Mini Rok One Day Special – Heat 1 2nd, Heat 2 Win, Heat 3 Win, Final Win
- SuperOne Mini Rok overall 4th in the Championship
DREAM BELIEVE ACHIEVE